Red Penguin Books offers both traditional publishing options as well as author-controlled publishing services for writers of many genres, including non-fiction, poetry, memoir, fiction, business, self-help, children’s books and social commentary. Authors choose to write and publish their books for a variety of reasons, which is why we offer different publishing options and packages to suit every need. Which publishing option is best for you?
There are many many reasons to write a book, and “mass market appeal” is just one of many. Others include:
- to promote and further your business
- to establish yourself as an expert in your field
- to distribute as the ultimate “business card”
- to use in workshops or training sessions
- to sell at seminars and when delivering speeches
- to preserve and distribute a memoir of a family member
- to collect recipes, tips or other material – for fun, profit or to celebrate a milestone (could be for a family, church, organization, or other groups)
- to fulfill yourself creatively
- as a life-project, a capstone activity or a personal way to leave a legacy
Many books aren’t written or conceived for “mass market appeal”, but that doesn’t make them any less valuable – both to their readers as well as their writers! For those authors – and audiences – who deserve to benefit from book publication without the constraints and expectations of traditional publishing, Red Penguin Books offers publishing services to assist you in your quest for book publication. Authors using our publishing services retain all rights to their materials and receive all royalties on book sales. Our services include:
- Ghostwriting – for those with more ideas in their heads than words on the page!
- Compiling Content – when you have plenty of material – like articles/blog posts/instructional/etc. – but need it made into a book
- Providing ISBN numbers
- Securing Library of Congress (LOC) designations and Copyrights
- Submitting eBooks to Amazon, Apple, Google, Nook and Kobo
- Formatting for all needed file types, including ePub, PDF and Mobi
- Generating book reviews and Advance Readers Copies (ARCs)
- Promoting via Kindle Unlimited, email promotions, social media and other methods
- Creating author websites and eCommerce options
- Establishing social media platforms for authors
and so much more! Learn more about our PUBLISHING PACKAGES, or if you require individual services or a package tailored to your needs, just let us know and we’ll tailor a program just for you!
Here at Red Penguin Books, our mission is to get your book from your computer – or your head! – and into your readers’ hands as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our authors come from a variety of industries and backgrounds, each with a different reason for wanting to get published:
Authors of Non-fiction often use their books as business cards or resume “bullets” as a tangible acknowledgment of their expertise and experience
Writers of Fiction have amazing and fantastical stories to share with enthusiastic readers, whether their tales involve intrigue, crime, travel, romance, or touch upon the paranormal or introspective
Self-help authors run the gamut from DIY to cooking – and everything in between, often specializing in how-to books for professionals to use to further their businesses and achieve their goals
Writers of Collections compile everything from essays or blog posts to recipes, lists, and much-needed reference books, and provide wonderful opportunities to enlist other writers into a joint effort
Authors of Memoirs have discovered an amazing and poignant way to preserve the lives of family and friends, and provide the ultimate and eternal gift – both to the author as well as their community
Red Penguin Books offers both traditional publishing options as well as author-controlled publishing services for writers of many genres, including non-fiction, poetry, memoir, fiction, business, self-help, children’s books and social commentary. Authors choose to write and publish their books for a variety of reasons, which is why we offer different publishing options and packages to suit every need.
Traditional publishers accept books which they feel have mass market appeal and will generate at least 10,000 books for sale. They assume responsibility for book editing, formatting, printing, and distributions, and in return, they take a large percentage of the book’s commissions. In traditional publishing, the publisher has the final say over all aspects of the book’s production, including title, cover, editing, format and distribution. The publisher retains all rights to the book, as well as all book-related expenses and the author receives royalties on the sale of the book – often about 10%. While previously publishers handled all promotions, today’s authors are expected to have a large following and to carry out promotional activities themselves.
Here at Red Penguin Books we accept a limited number of manuscripts for our traditional publishing program. While our “traditional publishing” program has many things in common with other publishers, there are some marked differences:
- We accept books that we expect to have mass market appeal, those which we expect will reach or exceed 10,000 books sold
- Books in our program can be of any genre which we feel is marketable
- Authors may be new authors without an established following
- Red Penguin Books will be responsible for book-production expenses and will retain all publishing rights for a minimum period of one year from the publication date.
- Royalties will be distributed to the author at the rate of 50% of the net profit.
If you would like to apply for our Traditional Publishing Program, please CLICK HERE to fill out a query form.