The Red Penguin Collection is an anthology program for new and emerging writers – along with established authors – to publish their work in short form. Each collection focuses on a different theme or genre, ranging from mystery and romance to coming-of-age and social changes. Interested authors submit pieces of all literary styles to the many titles we have to offer. If Red Penguin accepts the submission for the limited spots in each Collection, the submission will be published and promoted through Red Penguin Books.
There is no charge for submission, and if an author’s work is accepted for publication and the author wishes to participate in the program, the author will receive the following benefits above and beyond publication:
- The author’s submission in the Collection will be published in both digital and print formats and distributed through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo, and will be made available for bookstores and libraries worldwide.
- In addition to the authors’ submission, each author’s bio and website link will be included in the book, hyperlinked in the digital version, as well as on our website.
- The book will be widely promoted on various web platforms, including social media sites, book promotion sites, news releases, web shows and podcasts, as well as our own email marketing to thousands.
- Additionally, online book promotions will be run to reach thousands of readers during specific, discounted book time periods.
- Each submission will receive professional copyediting from our editorial staff.
- Authors will receive one complimentary digital copy of their book, along with the ability to order more copies at a discounted rate anytime in the future. Author copies can be sold or distributed by the author as they desire, and they may retain all profits from such sales.
- The author retains all copyrights rights to their submission. The author retains the right to republish their submission in another work as they so desire—our only request is that we are notified of such republications so that we may promote the author’s new venture as well, and that a notice of its original place in The Red Penguin Collection is noted.
We are looking forward to reading the submissions we receive. There are many Collection books planned, so if an author’s submission is not accepted at this time, we certainly hope that the author will continue on their writing journey and resubmit at a later time, perhaps even for a different genre or theme which may be a better fit for their writing.
In our first year, The Red Penguin Collection was fortunate enough to receive thousands of submissions from hundreds of writers all across the globe, all unique in writing style and formatting methodology. With so many unique and wonderful perspectives for us to read through for consideration, having a standard set of guidelines for all submissions will help us in our mission of supporting emerging and up-and-coming writers with our publications and network.
Here are the guidelines on how to send in your submissions:
- The submission is in 12pt, Times New Roman font.
- The formatting of your submission is single-spaced, with no spaces in-between paragraphs, unless otherwise necessary.
- The margins of your pages are one inch all around, with no headers or footers.
- There is only one space after a terminal punctuation mark (period, question mark, etc.)
- The title of your submission and the name you wish to be published under are clearly stated at the top of the first page.
- Each piece is to be submitted in its own document and with its own form.
Lastly, any one writer can submit up to five pieces for any short story title and ten pieces for each poetry anthology. You are more than welcome to submit previously published work, so long as you maintain the sole rights of republication.
We can’t wait to read your work!