- With a non-fiction book, is the author well known in their field, so that the book would be launched to an audience of interested readers?
- Is there something unique about the book that would make it desirable on a larger scale?
- Will there be an opportunity for bulk sales – for example, as a textbook or other book for use by organizations.
- Has this author released other books, so that they have a fan base already?
- Is the manuscript enticing, entertaining and/or enthralling as appropriate?
- With fiction – is there an opportunity for a book series, as many genre readers prefer series books?
In addition, before any author is considered for the traditional publishing program, they must meet the minimum of the following criteria:
– A fan or following base of more than 100,000 people
– Connections or unique distribution channels
-Exceptional experience and notoriety in related field
– Subject matter which is unique, timely, and delivered from a distinct vantage point.