We welcome submissions to our own traditional publishing division. While it would be impossible make a list of criteria here – as each manuscript is evaluated individually – some things we consider include:
- With a non-fiction book, is the author well known in their field, so that the book would be launched to an audience of interested readers?
- Is there something unique about the book that would make it desirable on a larger scale?
- Will there be an opportunity for bulk sales – for example, as a textbook or other book for use by organizations.
- Has this author released other books, so that they have a fan base already?
- Is the manuscript enticing, entertaining and/or enthralling as appropriate?
- With fiction – is there an opportunity for a book series, as many genre readers prefer series books?
These are just some of the questions which are considered when evaluating an author and manuscript for our traditional publishing program. As we are traditional publishers ourselves, we do not act as book agents for authors seeking representation elsewhere. If you would like to partner with Red Penguin for traditional publishing please fill out the query form below.